Tests of grammar
Multiple-choice
items
Choose
the correct answer to complete the sentence
1. Barbara and Charles ...... getting married in
April.
a.
are
not
b.
is
not
c.
am
not
d.
was
not
Answer: a. are not
2. Rita is wearing a blouse. Her blouse......
a.
Are light blue
b.
Were light blue
c.
She light blue
d.
Is light blue
Answer
: d. Is light blue
Error-recognition items
Find and
select the underlined word which is incorrect in these following sentences
1.
The teacher often stand in to front of the room.
A B C D
2.
Jack always remembers her wife’s birthday
A B C D
Rearrangement items:
1.
Arrange these sentences
below into a good paragraph
1. It was long
2.
My holiday was great.
3.
My family and I visited my grandparents
4.
We stayed at my grandparent’s house for five days.
5.
We did a lot of things together.
6.
After that we ate them
7.
We traveled by car
8.
We cooked and prepared our meals.
A.
1-4-5-8-6-2-3-7
B.
1-3-7-2-4-5-6-8
C.
2-1-3-7-4-5-8-6
D.
1-7-3-4-5-6-8-2
Completion Items
Put a, the, or, some in each blank only where
necessary, if you think that no word should be replaced in the blank put a
cross there
2.
I meat.......... very interesting woman today.
Transformation items
Take the following sentence in the passive voice
and put them into the active voice
7. The pilot landed the plane
Items involving the changing of words
Fill in the blank by build the word for completion
1.
How are things? I (1) to be... very glad to read your last letter (2) to tell...
that you spent your holiday in Spain.
‘broken sentence’ items
Instruct the text to form a good sentence by adding articles, preposition,
etc.
2.
Once upon / time, Roro Ateng / Joko Seger live / the foot/ Mount Bromo.
After six years / marriage, they had not any children. They prayed, pleaded /
Gods / children. They prayer / granted / one condition. They / sacrifice their
youngest son / the Bromo crater.
Pairing and matching items
Match the Word in the column A with sentence in the column B!
|
1. on
2. in 3. at 4. ago 5. last 6. by 7. next 8. Every |
Dinner will be ready ____ 8am
I swim ____ Sundays. We're going there ____ year. I went to Bali ____ July. I'll see you ____ an hour. ____ Christmas, it snows. I get up at 7am ____ day. I saw him 2 hours ____. |
Combination
Items
Join
each pair of sentences using the word brackets.
1.
We have a lot
of time today, so we can visit the museum see a movie. (Both, and)
2.
You can have ice
cream cheesecake for dessert, so please chose one. (Either, or)
Addition items
Insert the word
in capitals in the most appropriate place in each sentence.
1.
The embassy
website has general information about visas. travel information can be obtained
by calling the free phone number.( Other)
2.
These boxes are
for books. The boxes are for clothes. (other)
TESTING VOCABULARY
Multiple-choice Item (A)
What is he doing?
A.
Reading a book
B.
Eating banana
C.
Writing in the
blackboard
D.
Cleaning in the
class
Multiple-Choices Items (B)
I’m learning to play the.......
A.
Orange
B.
Guitar
C.
Pillow
D.
Book
Items Involving Synonyms
Find the synonyms of the underline word!
John
is smart student in his class
Nana
is a beautiful girl
They
are studiying english very easy
Completion Items
Read the letter and fill in
the missing words.
Dear
Dila,
Jakarta was wonderful. Mum, Dad, Lina and I_______________ there by car and
we _________at a small hotel near Monas. The food _______ wonderful. You know
how I love good food. I __________ Kerak telor every day. We
__________ swimming in the morning and
in the afternoon. There _________just one problem. We only ________for ten days.
Diana
Matching
Items
Write the correct word from the following list in
the table of each number on your answer sheet. Use each word once only.
time
|
pet
|
her
|
sing
|
their
|
know
|
cow
|
families
|
goldfish
|
flowers
|
dogs
|
buy
|
it
|
steal
|
minute
|
us
|
About fifty per
cent of all the __________ in the United Kingdom have some sort
of_____________. There are about eight million dogs and seven million cats in
England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland! Do you also want to
______________ a pet? Then you must _____________ how to look after it. Too
many people buy a pet and then after a short ____________ want to get rid of it
because they don't like looking after ___________. So every year, about fifty
thousand people get rid of ____________ pet dogs. There are over four hundred
thousand stray______________ in the United Kingdom.
LISTENING
COMPREHENSION TESTS
Phoneme
Discrimination Tests
Choose the written word which corresponds to the
spoken word.
1. Spoken: Bud
A. Bun B. Bung
C. Bud D. Bug
2. Spoken : Bed
A. Bed B. Beg C. Bet D. Bat
Test of stress and Intonation – Type 2
Identify the following utterance, its may be spoken
in several different tone-patterns indicating statement, question, sarcasm,
surprise, annoyance, orders!
You will hear:
Man: I highly appreciate you for helping me choose the right loan I
need.
Woman: My pleasure, Sir. I
hope you can use the money to buy your dream house.
This is probably about ……
A.
loan
B.
debt
C.
Payment
D.
House
Testing
Comprehension through Visual Materials
Choose the most appropriate picture which
corresponds to the spoken statement.
Spoken : a device for recording visual images
in the form of photographs, film, or video signals.
Statements
And Dialogues
Listening Scripts
(Spoken) 1.
She usually has Wake up at six o’clock
every morning
2. Mrs. Diana looks English teacher in the school.
You
will listen to a sentence twice. After listening, read the statements and
choose the statement that is most suitable with the sentence you hear!
1.
A. She
has a break at six thirty
B. b.
She wake up at
six o’clock
C. c.
She rarely wake up in the morning
D. She
never wake up in the morning
2.
A. Mrs. Diana studies English
B.
Mrs. Dion
teaches the mathematics teacher
C. The
mathematics teacher in the school is Mr. Dion
D. Mrs. Diana meets
somebody at the school
Understanding Talks and Lectures
Based on the announcement, Choose the correct answer with putting
circle round in the letter A, B, C, or D
Directions:
ln this part of the test, you will hear some incomplete dialogues spoken in English, followed by four responses, also spoken in English. The dialogues and the responses will be spoken twice. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers are saying. You have to choose the best response to each question. Now listen to a sample question.
Girls: I really made a mistake .
Boy: What about?.
Girls: I have broken your pen.
Boy: that pen? Oh no.
Girl: __________.
ln this part of the test, you will hear some incomplete dialogues spoken in English, followed by four responses, also spoken in English. The dialogues and the responses will be spoken twice. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers are saying. You have to choose the best response to each question. Now listen to a sample question.
Girls: I really made a mistake .
Boy: What about?.
Girls: I have broken your pen.
Boy: that pen? Oh no.
Girl: __________.
Narrator: What does the girl probably respond?
A. I am sorry to hear that
B. I really appreciate it
C. I do apologize
D. I love that pen
A. I am sorry to hear that
B. I really appreciate it
C. I do apologize
D. I love that pen
ORAL PRODUCTION TESTS
The Oral interview
1.
What program do
you like to watch on the TV?
2.
What sport do
you like to watch?
3.
What animals do
you like to watch when you go to the zoo?
Using Pictures for Assessing Oral
Production
Look at the pictures and then tell this story in
front of your class!
The legend
of Timun Mas
Reading aloud
The Ant and the Dove
One hot day, an
ant was searching for some water. After walking around for some time, she came
to a spring. To reach the spring, she had to climb up a blade of grass. While
making her way up, she slipped and fell into the water.
She could have
drowned if a dove up a nearby tree had not seen her. Seeing that the ant was in
trouble, the dove quickly plucked off a leaf and dropped it into the water near
the struggling ant. The ant moved towards the leaf and climbed up there. Soon
it carried her safely to dry ground. Just at that time, a hunter nearby was
throwing out his net towards the dove, hoping to trap it. Guessing what he was about to do, the ant quickly bit him on the
heel. Feeling the pain, the hunter dropped his net. The dove was quick to fly
away to safety.
Some other techniques for oral examining
(Group discussion and role playing)
Role play
Beny : Hei Anton, why do you look so sad?.
Anton : I have a serious problem today. I have just lost my wallet.
Beny : Really? Where did you lose it
Anton : Hmm… Maybe in the park.
Beny : I think you should be more careful with your belongings.
Anton : Yeah, I think so. This is my fault
Beny : Don’t be sad Anton. I
hope you can find it really soon.
Anton : Thank you Beny. Do you have any suggestion for me?
Beny : If I may suggest, you should go to the park and look for it
more detail
Anton : I have looked for it for hours but I did not find it. Do
you have another suggestion?
Beny : Hmm… You would better tell the securities to help you to
find it and also announce it to the visitors.
Anton : Yeah you are right. I will try it. Thank you for your
suggestions.
Beny : You are welcome Anton. Next time, it is better for you to
keep your important stuffs in a safe place.
Anton : Certainly Ben.
Conversational
Exchange
Read the situation on the following. Make the appropriate responses!
You are a fruit trader. when you are serving a buyer, suddenly you see a child who is starving
stealing your merchandise. what will you do? whether
you will run to catch the thief, or let it go. give your
reasons that are very reasonable.
TESTING READING
COMPREHENSION.
Initial Stages of Reading Matching Tests
Look at the picture and
select the correct sentence which is appropriate with the picture
A.
Liza is kicking the ball to Anna
B.
Liza is throwing the ball to Anna
C.
Anna is bringing the ball to Liza
D.
Anna is running to bring the ball
True/False
Reading Tests
Put a
circle round the letter if the statement is true. If it is not true, put a
circle round the letter F.
1.
You see with your eyes. T F
2.
Sheep can't fly. T F
3.
'B' is the first letter of the
alphabet. T F
4.
Shoes are worn on your hands. T F
5.
Up is the opposite of down. T F
Rearrangement
Items
Rearrange the
letters of the sentences in their correct order in the boxes below.
A.
We lea our house at about 5 o’clok in the Morning.
We took a taxi to the railway station.
B.
Finally our train came. All of us rushed to get on
the train.
C.
Last Lebaran, my faily and I went hometown.
We deided to take a train because it is more comortable.
D.
It took about 5 to 7 hours to get to our hometown.
We enjoyed our journey.
E.
We took the carriage no 3 according to our tickets
F.
But without any prior inoration, our train was
late for about fifteen minutes, so we had to wait a bit longer.
G.
After finding our seats we could sit comfortably
H.
We arrived at the station at six. Our train would
leave at 6.40.
Multiple Choice Items (A): Short Text
Choose
the correct answer from the short reading text below.
Our classroom
is very big. There are twenty classroom and forty chairs for students. The
teacher’s table is in front of the classroom. The teacher sits behind the
table. Behind her is the whiteboard. Beside the whiteboard is a map of
Indonesian archipelago. Under the map, there is a bookshelf. There are two
windows in the room. Between the windows is a picture of Borobudur temple. I like my classroom very much.
“My classroom is very big “. The underlined word...
A.
Large
B.
Great
C.
Fat
D.
Clean
E.
Dirty
Where does the teacher sit?
A.
In front of the classroom.
B.
Behind the whiteboard.
C.
Behind the table.
D.
Under the map.
E.
Behind the white board
Where is the whiteboard?
A.
Behind the table.
B.
Beside the teacher.
C.
Behind the wall
D.
Behind the teacher.
E.
In front of the window.
Completion
Items
Complete the
blanks depend almost entirely on your comprehension of the whole text. In the
following text, each dash in the blank signifies a letter.
My Bad Day on
Sunday
I had a
terrible day yesterday. First, I ...... an hour late because my alarm clock didn’t go off. Then, I was in
such a hurry that I burned my hand when I ....... breakfast. After breakfast, I got dressed so quickly that I ..... to
wear socks.
Next, I ran out
of the house trying to get the 9:30 bus, but of course I missed it. I ...... to take a taxi, but I ........ enough money. Finally, I walked the three miles to my ....... only to discover that it was Sunday! I hope I never
have a day as the one I had yesterday.
TESTS
THE WRITING SKILL
Setting
The Composition
You received a letter from your friend who is
coming to visit your town. Here is the letter:
Dear
Nan,
We are having a great a holiday here on the Gold
Coast. Yesterday we went to the Movie World. When we got up in the morning, it looked like rain.
After a while the cloud disappeared. And it became a sunny day. We then decided
to go to the Movie World.
The first ride I went on was Lethal Weapon. Next I
saw the Police Academy show. After that I had lunch as I was really hungry.
Meanwhile, Mum and Kelly queued for the Batman ride.
About one o’clock we got a light shower of rain but
it cleared up soon after. We then went on all the other rides. It
was a top day. See you when you get back.
“Now,
use your directory printed at the beginning of this lesson to reply to your
friend’s letter. Write your reply letter.”
Completion Items
Complete the sentence below that
is a perfect sentence!
1
You will not
get that souvenir unless you ………………………..
2
Lulu needs to
consult her doctor before ……………………...
3
………………….. Diana
who is a smart and beautiful.
Controlled Writing
Complete the story in your own
words!
Travelling
Around the World
My
mother got me ready for school then I had to wait for her to ……..my hair and
place every strand in just the perfect position. I had to show her my shoes
that I had cleaned the night before and my school bag had to be ……………….. on my
shoulder before I could get near the door. Only after my mother was very
satisfied, would ………………. to rush out of the front door.
I
would leave home at 8 am on the dot ………… my way down the lane. After a walk of
about 700 meters, I would be able to see the tall steeple of the school. The
playground would be full in the summer and the noise would ………. want to rush
into the yard and get into a good game of ……….. before the bell went.
Objective
Test Mechanics- Punctuation
Put
the correct Punctuation mark in the following Sentence and Rewrite it to be a
good sentence!
1
The boy is
watching football match the girl is cooking with her mother
2
Parepare is a
beautiful city the beaches’ are warm sandy and spotlessly clean
3
She always
enjoyed sweets chocolate marshmallows and toffee apples
4
I can’t see
Tim's car there must have been an accident
Error Recognition Items
Identify the part of the sentence
in which a word has been misspelt
1
Although she has a strong desire (A)
to be a singer, Rani’s voice sounds (B) horribly to everyone (C)
who hears her (D) singing.
2
Pandas live (A)
in coniferous forests, eat bamboo shoots and leaves (B) fast and (C)
spending about 12 hours a day (D) eating.
3
Not all (A)
people (B) understand that every country (C) is having its own (D)
unique culture and tradition.




Komentar
Posting Komentar